Name of the laboratory
- Monoclonal Antibodies Unit
- Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas
- Calle Melchor Fernández Almagro 3
- 28029 Madrid, Spain
- 34 912 246 900
Members of the laboratory
- Unit Leader
Giovanna Roncador firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorena Maestre email@example.com
Ana Isabel Reyes García firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherezade Jiménez email@example.com
Álvaro García firstname.lastname@example.org
Hybridoma technology for the production of monoclonal antibodies represents one of the most relevant methodological advances in biomedicine. The availability of monoclonal antibodies has significantly improved our knowledge about cell biology, opening new possibilities for basic and applied research. Its use in medicine has also improved the diagnostics, prevention and treatment of a large number of diseases.
The Monoclonal Antibodies (mAb) Unit provides CNIO Research Groups with the “à la carte”, generation of mAbs which can then be used as tools to characterise new pathways involved in cancer development. We are highly specialised in mouse and rat monoclonal antibodies production. The Unit also offers mAbs production in gene-inactivated mice, mAb characterisation and validation, medium-scale mAb production and a service of Mycoplasma testing for the cell culture facility.
Mouse specific antibodies: During the latest years, genetic approaches have been extensively used at the CNIO for the functional analysis of genes directly implicated in the process of tumor transformation and progression. The study of mouse models has been hampered by the absence of reliable mouse-specific antibodies to be used on paraffin-embedded tissues. For this reason, and in collaboration with the CNIO Comparative Pathology Unit, we have tested and developed a panel of high quality mouse specific mAbs, able to detect their target molecules on paraffin mouse tissue sections by immunohistochemistry.
Rat mAb: Many protein targets relevant for signal transduction and disease are highly conserved between mice and humans, and can therefore be recognized as self-antigens by a mouse host. To overcome this problem, this year we have made available in our unit a new service of production of mAbs in rats. This will provide CNIO investigators with a powerful tool to study cell biology and cancer related processes in mouse models. The mAbs against mouse protein and produced in rat to date are directed against the following proteins: Beta-Gal, p15,p16,p21,p53, Hes-1and Nanog.
- monoclonal antibody production in mice
- polyclonal antibody production
- cloning technique
- antibody characterization
- development of double and triple immunostaining techniques
- mycoplasma testing
- genetic immunization
- Vojkovics D, Kellermayer Z, Kajtár B, Roncador G, Vincze Á, Balogh P. Nkx2-3-A Slippery Slope From Development Through Inflammation Toward Hematopoietic Malignancies. Biomark Insights. 2018 Feb 6;13.
- Intartaglia M, Sabetta R, Gargiulo M, Roncador G, Marino FZ, Franco R. Immunohistochemistry for Cancer Stem Cells Detection: Principles and Methods. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1692:195-211.
- Solé C, Martínez D, Giné E, Gonzalez-Farre B, Pérez-Galán P, Roncador G, Campo E, Matutes E, López-Guillermo A, Roué G, Martínez A. Expression of a truncated B lymphocyte-induced maturation protein-1 isoform is associated with an incomplete plasmacytic differentiation program in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2018 Feb;59(2):482-485.
- Kunder CA, Roncador G, Advani RH, Gualco G, Bacchi CE, Sabile JM, Lossos IS, Nie K, Tibshirani RJ, Green MR, Alizadeh AA, Natkunam Y. KLHL6 Is Preferentially Expressed in Germinal Center-Derived B-Cell Lymphomas. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017 Nov 20;148(6):465-476.
- Remacha L, Comino-Méndez I, Richter S, Contreras L, Currás-Freixes M, Pita G, Letón R, Galarreta A, Torres-Pérez R, Honrado E, Jiménez S, Maestre L, Moran S, Esteller M, Satrústegui J, Eisenhofer G, Robledo M, Cascón A. Targeted Exome Sequencing of Krebs Cycle Genes Reveals Candidate Cancer-Predisposing Mutations in Pheochromocytomas and Paragangliomas. Clin Cancer Res. 2017 Oct 15;23(20):6315-6324.
- Tavera-Tapia A, Pérez-Cabornero L, Macías JA, Ceballos MI, Roncador G, de la Hoya M, Barroso A, Felipe-Ponce V, Serrano-Blanch R, Hinojo C, Miramar-Gallart MD, Urioste M, Caldés T, Santillan-Garzón S, Benitez J, Osorio A. Almost 2% of Spanish breast cancer families are associated to germline pathogenic mutations in the ATM gene. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017 Feb;161(3):597-604.
- Carreras J, Kikuti YY, Beà S, Miyaoka M, Hiraiwa S, Ikoma H, Nagao R, Tomita S, Martin-Garcia D, Salaverria I, Sato A, Ichiki A, Roncador G, Garcia JF, Ando K, Campo E, Nakamura N. Clinicopathological characteristics and genomic profile of primary sinonasal tract diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) reveals gain at 1q31 and RGS1 encoding protein; high RGS1 immunohistochemical expression associates with poor overall survival in DLBCL not otherwise specified (NOS). Histopathology. 2017 Mar;70(4):595-621.
- Pérez-Guijarro E, Karras P, Cifdaloz M, Martínez-Herranz R, Cañón E, Graña O, Horcajada-Reales C, Alonso-Curbelo D, Calvo TG, Gómez-López G, Bellora N, Riveiro-Falkenbach E, Ortiz-Romero PL, Rodríguez-Peralto JL, Maestre L, Roncador G, de Agustín Asensio JC, Goding CR, Eyras E, Megías D, Méndez R, Soengas MS. Lineage-specific roles of the cytoplasmic polyadenylation factor CPEB4 in the regulation of melanoma drivers. Nat Commun. 2016 Nov 18;7:13418.
- Wong KK, Gascoyne DM, Soilleux EJ, Lyne L, Spearman H, Roncador G, Pedersen LM, Møller MB, Green TM, Banham AH. FOXP2-positive diffuse large B-cell lymphomas exhibit a poor response to R-CHOP therapy and distinct biological signatures. Oncotarget. 2016 Aug 16;7(33):52940-52956.
- Manso R, Roncador G, Montes-Moreno S, Rojo F, Pérez-Sáenz MÁ, Mollejo M, Menárguez J, Carvajal N, García-Cosio M, Llamas P, Piris MA, Rodríguez-Pinilla SM. p-MAPK1 expression associated with poor prognosis in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma patients. Br J Haematol. 2017 Feb;176(4):661-664. doi: 10.1111/bjh.13972. Epub 2016 Feb 25.
- Roncador G, Engel P, Maestre L, Anderson AP, Cordell JL, Cragg MS, Šerbec VČ, Jones M, Lisnic VJ, Kremer L, Li D, Koch-Nolte F, Pascual N, Rodríguez-Barbosa JI, Torensma R, Turley H, Pulford K, Banham AH. The European antibody network's practical guide to finding and validating suitable antibodies for research. MAbs. 2016;8(1):27-36.