Jakub Z. Kaczmarek
Name of the laboratory
- Sanovo Biotech A/S
- Havnegade 36
- DK-5000 Odense C, Denmark
- +45 50 52 85 81
Members of the laboratory
- Research Scientist
Jakub Z. Kaczmarek firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanovo Biotech is an ISO 90001:2008 certified developer and producer of industrial scale, high-affinity avian multipurpose antibodies (Abs) for scientific research and diagnostics manufacturing. The company has developed proprietary purification technology enabling production of bulk amounts of affinity purified chicken antibodies (IgY) with multiple practical and ethical advantages over conventional mammalian antibodies.
Sanovo Biotech has a strong research focus and track record. Shortly after the company was established in 2011, it began participation in a prestigious DKKM 17,5 antibody R&D project funded by the then Danish National Advance Technology Foundation. After project completion in 2016 the company received another subsidy from Danish Innovation Fund to develop antibodies against Peptidyl Arginine Deiminase from Porphyromonas Gingivalis involved in the pathogenicity of Periodontal Disease and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Sanovo Biotech enjoys close working relations with a number of national and international research institutions, including: University of Southern Denmark, Hvidovre Hospital, Statens Serum Institute, University of Birmingham, and Aarhus University as well as multiple companies as Novo Nordisk, Lundbeck or Symphogen.
Sanovo Biotech A/S is also expanding its research and commercial potential through the development and implementation of an in-line phage display technology for the production of monoclonal antibodies and antibody fragments. In the current R&D efforts the company is collaborating with the University of Southern Denmark, Novo Nordisk A/S, Jagiellonian University in Poland and Dublin City University to develop a first-in-class inhibitor towards Peptidyl Arginine Deiminase from Porphyromonas Gingivalis (PPAD).
University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB), Protein Research Group
The BMB host two international recognized groups in proteomics, the Protein Research Group and the Centre for Experimental Bioinformatics. The two groups have pioneered the development of mass spectrometry of large biomolecules including proteins, nucleic acids and carbohydrates and have been instrumental in placing Denmark (and Odense) on the world map in proteomics. As a result, BMB is probably the best-equipped academic department in Europe and among the best equipped worldwide in terms of mass spectrometric instrumentation, having access to more than 18 mass spectrometers, many of which represent the latest, state-of-the-art technology. Several of the instruments are coupled on or off-line with capillary separation technology as well as with nano-fluidic technology for studies of protein interaction (BiaCore).
The main interest of our group led by Peter Højrup (part of the PR) is focused on investigating the activity of citrullinating enzymes by the use of mass spectrometry and chromatographic techniques. Up to date the group has developed screening methodologies and activity assay towards PPAD and is now working on correctly assigning the citrullinome of P.Gingivalis. The methodology for measuring the activity of Peptidyl Arginine Deiminases is utilized further in assaying the inhibitory potential of antibodies that our group is developing.
- CroatiaStipan JonjicUniversity of Rijeka
- DenmarkJakub Z. KaczmarekSanovo Biotech A/S
- FranceAndré PèlegrinInstitut de Recherche en Cancérologie de Montpellier, IRCM
- FranceArmand BensussanHôpital Saint Louis
- FrancePierre LafayeInstitut Pasteur
- GermanyFriedrich Koch-NolteUniversity Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
- HungaryJohanna SymmonsEnglish & Scientific Consulting Kft. (SCICONS)
- HungaryPeter BaloghClinical Center, University of Pecs
- ItalyFabio MalavasiUniversity of Torino Medical School
- RussiaAlexander FilatovInstitute of Immunology
- RussiaAlexander TaraninInstitute of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- SloveniaVladka Čurin ŠerbecBlood Trasfusion Centre of Slovenia
- SpainGiovanna RoncadorCentro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas
- SpainJosé I. Rodríguez BarbosaEdificio Nuevos Institutos de Investigación
- SpainLeonor KremerCentro Nacional de Biotecnología/CSIC
- SpainNúria PascualInstitute for Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia (IQAC-CSIC)
- SpainPablo EngelFaculty of Medicine and Medical Sciences, University of Barcelona
- United KingdomUniversity of OxfordLRF Haemato-oncology Group
- United KingdomVertebrate Antibodies Limited (VAL)
- United KingdomKing's College LondonSt. John's Institute of Dermatology