Name of the laboratory
- Custom Antibody Service (CAbS)
- Institute for Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia (IQAC-CSIC)
- IQAC-CSIC, CIBER-BBN
- Jordi Girona, 18-26, 08034-Barcelona, Spain
- +34 93 400 61 00 Ext.: 5116
Members of the laboratory
- Scientific Coordinator
Dr. Núria Pascual email@example.com
- Scientific Director
Prof. M.-Pilar Marco firstname.lastname@example.org
The Custom Antibody Service (CAbS) is a joint facility established under the umbrella of the Institute for Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia of the Spanish Council for Scientific Research (IQAC-CSIC) and the Networking Research Center for Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Nanomedicine (CIBER-BBN). CAbS aim is to provide services and scientific advice, in relation to the production and use of specific antibodies and biomolecular probes to public and private research centers and companies. Antibodies for proteins, peptides, small organic molecules or other antigens can be produced using standard or customized protocols according to each customer's needs.
CAbS is managed by the scientific team of the Nb4D group (Nb4D), recognized for their expertise in hapten synthesis, antibody production and immunochemical method development. Nb4D provides all the necessary advice and support to each project.
CAbS forms part of the NANBIOSIS (infrastructure of production and characterization of nanomaterials, biomaterials and biomedical systems). NANBIOSIS is one of the 29 ICTS (Singular Scientific Technological Infrastructures) that have been recently recognized by the Spanish Ministry for Economy and Competitivity.
The CAbS facility aim is to offer a high quality service for customized monoclonal and polyclonal antibody production against many types of antigens including proteins, peptides or small organic molecules. Moreover, CAbS can offer additional services related to the preparation of immunoreagents and development of immunochemical methods and protocols.
CAbS has extensive experience and successful records of developing antibodies against small molecule antigens for research, diagnostics, environmental monitoring, food testing and drug abuse testing. Cabs has the expertise (10 patents and some of them are licensed to companies) and infrastructure to the hapten design and synthesis, to provide the small molecule antigens with an optimized immunization protocol and screening procedures. We are able to modulate the immunoassay features by appropriate immunizing and competitor hapten design.
- Hapten design and synthesis: Chemical synthesis, purification and characterization of hapten.
- Preparation of bioconjugates: labelled antibodies, haptenized proteins and enzymes, biotynilated and fluorescent probes, gold nanoparticle conjugates, etc
- Polyclonal Antibody Production (goat, rabbit, rat)
- Monoclonal Antibody Development (mouse, rat)
- Hybridoma cell culture antibody production
- Antibody purification
- Preparation of antibody fragments.
- Antibody characterization (Isotyping)
- Development of immunochemical methods: ELISA, immunoaffinity columns, etc.
- Mycoplasma testing
- Sonia Herranz, Marzia Marciello, María -P. Marco, José L. Garcia-Fierro, José M. Guisan and María C. Moreno-Bondi Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 257, 256-262, 2018.
- Sonia Matas, Marta Broto, Mercè Corominas, Ramon Lleonart, Ruth Babington, M-Pilar Marco, Roger Galve. Immediate hypersensitivity to penicillins. Identification of a new antigenic determinant. Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis 148, 17-23. 2018
- M Broto, JP Salvador, R Galve, MP Marco. Biobarcode assay for the oral anticoagulant acenocoumarol. Talanta 178, 308-314, 2018.